The Annual General Meeting of Durbanville Hockey Club will be taking place on Thursday 13 September 2018 at 18h30 for 19h00.
All paid up members are urged to attend, alternatively you are able to provide a proxy to another member who will then be eligible to vote on your behalf. Download & complete the proxy form.
No business shall be transacted at any General Meeting unless a quorum is present. The quorum at any annual general meeting of the Club will be not less than 30% (thirty percent) fully paid up members.
Nominations for committee positions must be made to the secretary prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting and must be countersigned by the nominated member and at least one other member seconding the nomination. Download & complete the nomination form.
The following portfolios are available to receive nominations:
• Responsible for the overall running of the club.
• Managing Bar Staff.
• Attend WPHU, FMC, or other related meetings throughout the year.
• Attend and chair all committee meetings as scheduled accordingly.
• Delegate all day to day matters to portfolio’s concerned.
• Provide input on Budgets.
• Handle grievances where applicable.
• Ad Hoc tasks as and when required.
Vice – Chairperson
• Assist the Chairman where necessary in managing the club & its members.
• Attending all committee meetings especially in the absence of the Chairman.
• Prepare a Committee Contact List and keep it updated.
• Prepare a schedule for committee meetings.
• Communicate schedule to committee and send out reminders of meetings 2 weeks prior to meetings.
• Compile agenda for meetings.
• Communicate agenda (together with meeting reminders) to committee.
• Minute meetings.
• Distribute minutes of meetings to committee.
• Send out various communications to committee.
• Attend and minute other meetings as requested by chairperson.
• Prepare budget
• Handle all banking (Payments, depositing cash etc)
• Capture bank statements and keep accounting records
• Keep record of members’ subs
• Follow up on outstanding subs
• Submission of results to the union (weekly)
• Submission of match cards to the union (weekly)
• Ensuring all fixtures are correct
• Ensuring all venues are booked accordingly
• Handle all pre-play and postponements of games
• Inform union of any errors on logs and fixtures
• Handle all requests to move or change fixtures
• Report any grievances to the union
• Attend WPHU meetings when applicable
• Keep report of card offences
Ladies & Men Club Captains
• Arrange and coordinate ladies’ trials (print registration forms, confirm venue, date, post information on relevant platforms)
• After trials: Coordinate second round of trials and communicate selection with all players
• Employ coaches
• Throughout season: Listen to, and solve problems from players and coaches
• Answer inquiries relating to joining the club
• Ensure that all ladies’ players are wearing the correct kit on match days
• Liaise with coaches about promotion and relegation of players
• Communicate promotion and relegation to players if coaches are not up for it
• Attend all committee meetings if possible
• Assist with selecting trophy winners for awards evening
• Attend awards evening and hand over trophies to winners
• Responsible for organising at least one graded umpire per team for the club by organising a night for members to write the umpires exam.
• He/she must see to it that coaches organise players from their teams to umpire club games
• Arrange summer and indoor teams for pre-season training
• Source coaches for new season (applies to both club captains portfolio)
• Plan and schedule pre-season fitness
• Organise trials format
• Standardize the coaching throughout all teams
• Guide coaches throughout season
• Plan monthly feedback meetings for coaches
• Liaison between club captains and coaches
• Oversee selection process
• Set up an event plan for the season & make sure Admin Head is informed.
• At least 1 event per month to be organised.
• Draft all invites & send to the admin assistant for the newsletters at least 1 week prior to the event.
• Organises a DJ & equipment when necessary and liaise with treasurer & Sponsorship Manager to confirm budget & spend.
• Organise sponsored gifts/drinks for club social events & mini hockey
• Draft ad hoc & weekly newsletters to all club & mini hockey members.
• Updating Facebook page when necessary regarding socials & other important information.
• Sending Webmaster PDF copies of all newsletters, communication & socials.
• Handle all clubhouse bookings and make sure it doesn’t clash with club socials.
• Keeping the club bookings list up to date and sending it to the committee & Bar staff
• The website developer’s task is to update the website and social media profiles with current and relevant information which he/she will get from the Admin Assistant ONLY.
Mini Hockey Portfolio (Will require a team)
• Put together a mini hockey training schedule / dates and times.
• Order T-shirts & have them printed & ready for collection at first mini hockey session early April.
• Organise & manage 8 x coaches & give them a training guideline for 16 coaching sessions for each age group.
• Organise the mini hockey awards evening: Medals/Entertainment/food/photographs & agenda for the evening.
• Supply Admin Assistant with info for weekly newsletter.
• Organise team photo’s end of first half of season and sell. (optional)
• Update registration forms and cost per member.
• Keep mini hockey database up to date of all applications and chase all outstanding money.
• Organise someone to collect new registration forms and T-shirts at each training session. All members to sign that they have received a T-shirt for our records.
• Give each paying member a receipt (organise a receipt book) whether they pay cash or EFT.
• Hand all cash received to Treasurer.
• Organise 2 x astro sessions with DF Malan or Fairmont -1 evening in the week – not necessarily a Friday night. (Optional & dependant on availability)
• Assist with the growth & development of our club when & where necessary e.g. Own Astro