Friday evenings at Durbanville Hockey Club, Sports Way. Please note that refreshments and food will be on sale.
PLEASE COULD ALL PLAYERS REPORT TO THE REGISTRATION TABLE UPON ARRIVAL.
The first training session for 2019 will take place on 12th of April 2019. To sign up for our weekly newsletter please send your details to:
email@example.com or contact:
Private coaching is also available.
Mini hockey is divided into two mini seasons of 8 lessons each. Each half season (8 lessons) is R425-00 and will include a T-shirt once the full amount of R425 has been paid.
• 1 x T-Shirt (once the first R425 has been paid)
• Gold Medal for completion (provided the full R850 has been paid and all 16 lessons have been attended)
• 8 x 1 hour Practice lessons (season starting 12 April to 7 June)
• 8 x 1 hour Practice lessons (season starting 12 July to 6 September)
• Please note adhoc lessons will be charged at R80-00 each and this is payable upfront prior to the lesson starting.
Please download the Mini Hockey registration form here and bring with to your first lesson together with proof of payment of your membership fees. Electronic payments can be made into the following account, remembering to use the following reference (MH and your child’s name and surname):
Durbanville Hockey Club
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Tyger Manor Branch
Account Number: 072 003 561
Type: Cheque/current account
Reference: MH-Member-Name 2019
REGRETTABLY NO CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS CAN BE ACCEPTED. EFT AND SNAPSCAN ONLY PLEASE!
REMEMBER TO BRING:
• Hockey stick, shin pads & hockey boots.
• We will provide hockey balls and beacons for each practice session.
• In the event of rain – coaching and activities will take place indoors.
Please take note that we accept new members throughout the year. This means that it will never be too late to join Durbanville Hockey club!
Why should your child play Mini-Hockey?
Children develop their social and mental skills, physical strength, and character while learning how to play field hockey. Teamwork and active participation are key components. The game teaches great hand-eye coordination, team play, sportsmanship and will keep your child in shape. The game requires running and stamina, but can be taught to anyone. Every child plays as there are no trials or team selections.
By providing a well-structured and organized MINI HOCKEY program, in addition to providing numerous children with the opportunity to learn and participate in an Olympic sport being played in over one hundred countries around the world, children develop:
1. Physical motor skills.
2. An enthusiastic attitude towards participation in sport.
3. An appreciation of the need for teamwork (support and cooperation).
4. A higher level of physical fitness.
5. A sense of accomplishment through the progressive acquisition of skill.
6. Good behavioral patterns and the acceptance of rules and regulations.
We keep the groups small so that the players have many opportunities to touch the ball – approx. 12 players to 1 coach. Mini-hockey players are coached by Smart Goal coaches.